Yeni Kuti Says She Was 'SHOCKED' When She Got A Proposal On Her 55th Birthday

It was double joy for Yeni Kuti, the first daughter of Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti, when she got engaged to her long time partner, Theo Lawson, during her 55 birthday celebration on May 24th.

In a chat with The Entertainer, the very elated mother of one confessed she is very excited about the engagement to her man whom she has been with for almost a decade , describing it as a total shock...

Asked how she felt about the proposal, Yeni said;

I was shocked! I was very happy because I didn’t see it coming at all. In fact, the surprise party blew me out of my mind; it was a double shock for me; I thank God my shock absorbers are still working.

Asked if she’s is considering marriage following the engagement Yeni said:

Not at all. The ring my partner gave me is what they call ‘a commitment ring’. He gave me his mother’s wedding ring as a commitment to the relationship. We have been together for about nine years. When I met him, he used to wear the ring around his neck, so for me, it is a big deal. 

He has entrusted me with something very close to his heart. It is not like we are going to start doing wedding and all that, even though we are really committed to each other. I call him ‘my last bus stop’. If God gives us long life and says there should be another man in my life, he is the man for me and I believe I am the woman for him as well. 

When he made the proposal, we didn’t know that it was going to go viral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1