Meet Taiwo Agbona, The Young Lady ‘Chosen By Oracle’ To Become The ‘King’ Of Ondo Kingdom (Photos)

Meet Taiwo Agbona, The Young Lady ‘Chosen By Oracle’ To Become The ‘King’ Of Ondo Kingdom (Photos)
Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, a 23-year-old medical student, who was “chosen by oracle” to succeed her late father as king of Aaye kingdom in Ondo, says she can’t get married, pregnant while on the throne.
Prior to the passing away of J. B Agbona, the alaaye of Aaye, who died on May 4, 2017, Taiwo, the first daughter of the monarch, was chosen to ascend the throne for a period of time pending when a new king is appointed.
The young regent’s choice for the throne was also arrived at after the king makers consulted the oracle for guidance on who to replace the late king.
Meet Taiwo Agbona, The Young Lady ‘Chosen By Oracle’ To Become The ‘King’ Of Ondo Kingdom (Photos)
A regent is a person appointed to rule a kingdom because the monarch is minor, absent or incapacitated.
“After the demise of my father, the chiefs consulted the oracle and they were told that I am the one worthy to be on the throne. So, they came to consult me and ask for my consent,” she told BBC Focus on Africa.
Seemingly startled at the news, the 23-year-old asked the chiefs to give her more time to allow her brood over it.
Taiwo said she later agreed to take the offer upon discovery it was meant for a temporary time until a long-term successor is chosen by the oracle.
“I told them to give me three weeks to think about it. When they came back, I told them I am ready to succeed my father. Within those three weeks, I was thinking about a lot of things,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1