I Still See Myself As The Same Person I Was Before I Became Famous - Niniola

Singer Niniola in this interview with Punch Spice opens up about her life and how music has affected her since she came into limelight.

Background

I am a singer and songwriter signed on with Drumroll Records. I am a native of Ilejemeje in Ekiti State, even though I was born and raised in Lagos State. I attended Apata Memorial Schools, Isolo and the University of Lagos, where I studied Biology Education.

Music

I was the third runner-up in the MTN Project Fame Season 6 in 2013. Project Fame was a stepping-stone for me. It helped me hone my music skills. The hurdles prior to that time are experiences I’ll always cherish. My mum kicked against my doing music initially, but these days she is proud of me and supportive of my career. I began my music career officially in 2014 when I released my first single, Ibadi.

Inspiration 

I am inspired by the likes of Angelique Kidjo, Celine Dion, Beyonce and Dolly Parton, because they all stand for originality.

Fame

I still see myself as the same person I was before I became famous. Perhaps, the only difference may be that I now enjoy so much goodwill and love from everybody.

Relationship with other artistes

I haven’t really come across a lot of artistes. However, I am friends with the few I have met. I have a lot of respect for Nigerian female artistes because it’s not easy being to be successful in the music and remaining successful in it. Nigerian artistes are all making us proud.I like Yemi Alade,Tiwa Savage,Seyi Shay, Aramide, and basically every female act that is doing well.

Marriage

I am not married, but I’m in a relationship

Style

I guess that should be anything classy and comfortable.

Leisure

I relax by listening to music and dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1