Farmer Kills Step-Daughter Under Drug Influence In Katsina, Seeks Forgiveness

A 30-year-old farmer and father of 6, Akilu  Saidu, said on Tuesday that he  was under the influence of drugs when he attacked his 4-year-old step-daughter, Saratu Yahuza, who later died.

Saidu said this in a brief chat with punch correspondent shortly before he was arraigned for culpable homicide before a Katsina State Senior Magistrates’ Court.

He added that he was confused and remorseful when he later learnt that the step-daughter died at the hospital.

Saidu said, “How could I have intentionally killed her? Saratu was like a daughter to me. I have six children from another wife while Saratu’s mother is even pregnant for me; I married her mother about 6 months ago. “On the day of the incident, I recalled that I bought a drug from a chemist in our village and shortly thereafter the incident happened. “It was my uncle who rushed Saratu to the hospital where she later died. I am indeed sorry about the incident.” The presiding magistrate, Hajiya Falile Dikko, however, adjourned the case till October 31, 2017 for mention.  She directed that Saidu should be remanded in the prison custody till then.

The police prosecutor, Inspector Sani Ado, had earlier told the court that investigation into the incident was ongoing.

The police picked up Saidu shortly after he had allegedly murdered his step-daughter.

The incident occurred on September 17 at Yankara Village in the Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina State.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1