Four Days After Moving In, Tenant Disappears With Landlord's Two Children (Photo)

A self-styled couple, who rented a room on Odo Oba Street at Academy, Ibadan, Oyo State, have disappeared with the two daughters of their landlord, Benjamin Bamidele, 36, and his wife, Bose, 32, after four days.

According to Tribune, the incident reportedly occurred on Monday, September 18, while the stolen children’s names were given as Victoria, 5, and Mary, 2.


A man, who gave his name as Monday Williams and claimed to be an indigene of Benin, Edo State, came to rent a room in the Boys’ Quarters adjoining a 20-room storey building where the children lived with their parents.

According to the 72-year-old grandmother of the victims, Madam Bamidele, “the tenant came to the house to seek accommodation and I directed him to our caretaker. The next thing I saw was that he came back to wash the floor of the room.


He moved in on Thursday, September 14 with a woman he called his wife. When I noticed that he did not come with any belongings, I called the caretaker’s attention to it, but the caretaker said that the tenant claimed he still had his things in his brother’s place.

The tenant went out on Monday morning. I was downstairs where his ‘wife’ came to meet me and started chatting with me. The two children were with me. After a while, the tenant’s ‘wife’ told me that she wanted to buy biscuit for my grandchildren.


Since there was a provision seller in front us, I gave the move no thought, and before I knew what was happening, I fell into a deep sleep. I woke up and it suddenly dawned on me that my grandchildren were not with me.


I called their mother who was upstairs to know if they were with her, but she said no. We went to the caretaker, asking him to call the tenant’s number, but to our shock, the number could not be reached.


All the line was saying was ‘Sorry, the customer you dialled is barred from receiving calls." When contacted, the police image-maker in the state, Adekunle Ajisebutu said that the case was under investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1