Deadly Armed Robbery Gang Members Terrorizing Oyo, Ogbomoso And Ilorin Residents Arrested

A 26-year-old suspected armed robber, Teslim Muhammed, who hails from Kwara State, has told the Oyo State police how he got a gun from a colleague, attempted to use it to rob innocent people, but got arrested before carrying out the crime. ‎Mohammed was paraded at the Eleyele Police Headquarters on Friday along with ‎Aliu Azeez (28), Olanrewaju Ajayi (23), Kehinde Abiodun (28), Adeleke Adeyemo (28), and Adamu Muhammed (23). According to the state Police Commissioner, Leye Oyebade, the suspects, who the police said had been terrorising residents of Oyo, Ogbomoso and Ilorin in Kwara State, were arrested in their hideout on April 26 at about 3.00 p.m by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad based on intelligence report.

Confessing to the series of previous robbery operations they had been engaged in, Muhammed told New Telegraph that: “I am a native of Ilorin and I had been robbing in Ilorin before, but it was quite up to a year I robbed last before one boy named Tunde brought a gun to me at Agbabiaka area of Ilorin, saying that he wanted to sell it.‎ I then called another friend called AZ and we attempted to use it to rob, but we were unable to operate that day. “I later gave the gun to my other colleagues who went with it. But later, I saw policemen who came to arrest me. AZ and Tosin are my friends and we were doing this robbery operation together before we were caught. I met AZ not quite long. It was the arrest of the boy who brought the gun to me and his accomplices that led to my own arrest,” he said.

Explaining how the gang came about the series of arms ammunition displayed before them, Muhammed said: “All these arms recovered from us were just recently procured. We have not used them”, adding that ‎he was into robbery because his mother was dead and his father was unable to take good care if him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, please show some love and drop a comment if you find this post intresting.
Also subscribe to our BBM Channel for daily BBM updates C00378977, BBM Pin D3DF21B1